Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Millet Pudding


I really can't take credit for this. My cousin Ursula made it for me on our trip out to New Hampshire but it's one I crave often and so I'm posting it up for her.

2 Cups Granola
3 Cups Millet (cooked . . . 1 Cup Millet and 3 1/2 Cups Water, for 45 min., let it cool)
4 Tbsp. Maple, Honey or Agave (your choice)
1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
1 1/2 Cups Cashew Cream (1 Cup Cashews & 1 Cup Water & 2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice)
1 Tbsp. Vanilla (And I'll add once again, Danncy's is best)

Layer 1/2 of the granola on 11x13" pan. Make cashew cream by blending ingredients in a good blender. Slowly add the cooked and cooled millet into the blender as it's blending until the mixture is nice and creamy. Pour over the granola in the pan. Sprinkle the remaining granola on top and chill till the mixture thickens. This just makes the pudding thick and easier to cut and serve. Slice up and enjoy with your favorite fruit or fruit that is in season. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...