Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Easy Vita-Mix Flax Carrot Cake



You'll be amazed at how easy it is to put together this cake. Granted you have a Vita-Mix or other high speed blender. And lately, I'm in love with making my own flours so I know what's in my breads and cakes. And this recipe is super moist and very nutritious.

1 1/2 Cups Wheat, Spelt or Farro Berries
3/4 Cup Flax Seeds
3/4 Cup Oat Groats or Rolled Oats
2 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Baking Powder (I use the Rumford Aluminum-Free brand)
1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
2 tsp. Cinnamon
1 1/2 Cups Spring Water (you could also use almond milk or half water and any other nut or rice milk)
1 Cup Honey (I love using Raw Honey, but since this is getting baked, raw honey is not necessary)
1 tsp. Danncy's Mexican Vanilla (I stress this one in most all my recipes because the Vanilla really does make a difference)
1 Medium Apple
3 Medium Carrots
1 Cup chopped Walnuts (optional)
1/2 Cup Raisins (optional)

Blend first three ingredients in a Vita-Mix or Blend Tec until ground up. Pour contents into a bowl. Add the baking soda, powder, salt and cinnamon and stir. Blend the water, honey, vanilla, apple and carrots in the empty blender and then pour into the dry ingredients and stir well. Add walnuts and raisins if you want and incorporate. Pour into a bread, cake or bundt pan and bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes. This recipe also makes great muffins if you want to reduce the baking time to about 20-25 minutes. Let cool and enjoy! In my family, this cakey bread does not last.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...