Friday, August 19, 2011

Melissa's Roasted Eggplant Pesto

I love pesto! Even though olive oil is good for you, I probably get an excess when I'm on a pesto kick. This recipe uses a roasted eggplant to replace most of the oil. I love this pesto served on pasta, on top of a tortilla as the basis for a pizza or veggie wrap, and served over roasted zucchini strips or raw zucchini noodles.

Melissa's Roasted Eggplant Pesto



1/4 c. almonds -blend first
1 large eggplant, roasted and peeled
2 sundried tomatoes
2 cloves garlic
2 cups spinach
1 Tbsp. nutritional yeats
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
1 tsp. dried basil
1/2-3/4 tsp. salt
pinch red pepper flakes

Hot water
olive oil

Blend all ingredients. I used maybe 1/4 cup hot water and 1 Tbs. olive oil, but just add those ingredients to achieve desired consistency. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...