Monday, August 31, 2009

Garden Vegetable Salad

We didn't grow a garden this year, but because of friends and family members who have been so generous with their gardens, I've been trying to figure out how to use all of the produce we have(especially zucchini and yellow crook neck squash). So I combined a whole bunch of raw vegetables, some sprouts, and garlic dressing, and it made a super yummy salad. You could also eat this with tortilla chips like a salsa or on top of rice or quinoa. I didn't put down amounts because you can make as much as you want, but I pretty much used equal parts of zucchini, squash, tomato, corn and black beans, and added in half a part green pepper and cucumber, and a couple of green onions. I liked it better when I added more sprouts. Toss it with enough salad dressing to coat. Mix it up by adding whatever vegetables you have on hand. Hope you enjoy it too!

Tomato, diced
Zucchini, fine diced
Crook neck squash, fine diced
Cucumber, fine diced
Green Pepper, fine diced
Green Onions, fine diced
Black Beans
Corn
Alfalfa Sprouts
Pro-Vita Mix Sprouts
Garlic Dressing

2 comments:

  1. This looks great! I'll be making it...probably today. I love the sprout idea. We've started sprouting and I love to see new ways to incorporate them into salads and such. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, this looks like something Cheryl concocted not too long ago. We are in Sioux Falls still for another week. I'll have to go garden picking for this one. She's got everything out there. Looks yummy. I have a couple recipes I'm gonna post without pics for now but will put up pics when I get to our next destination for sure. Or if anyone tries them and takes some good pics, please feel free to post them up for me. I don't have access to a USB port from Cheryl's computer. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...