Monday, December 6, 2010

Raw Almond Yogurt with Diced Apples


I know I haven't posted any recipes in a while. As mothers, kids keep us busy I suppose. But I would really like to start doing more raw and vegan recipes. For our little family, this journey of healthy eating has been somewhat of a struggle. I won't lie. But every now and then, we are suddenly inspired and set ourselves on crazy mode for finding yummy new recipes again. After a setback this last Thanksgiving (because we decided to have a traditional dinner) we needed some new recipes to regain some immune strength and our health. This easy recipe requires a little prep work the night before, but is super easy and surely hits the spot.

Almond Yogurt with diced Apples

-2 Cups of Almonds (soaked in water overnight) You can peel the skins for an extra creamy yogurt but you don't have to. I didn't like it at first. It seemed tedious. But someone told me it was therapeutic so I kept doing it for a while and now I really like doing it. It's like popping bubble wrap or something.
-1 3/4 Cups Water
-4-5 Ice Cubes
-1/4 Cup Agave Syrup
-1 teaspoon Danncy's Mexican Vanilla
-2 TBSP Lemon juice
-2 pinches of Salt

-6 diced of you favorite, fresh, organic Apples
-1 Cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Blend the first 7 ingredients all together in a VitaMix or other good blender until creamy and smooth. Spoon out mixture into a bowl. Toss the diced apples into it. Add walnuts or any other nut or granola in it if you like. You can do whatever you want. Or you can change the fruit. Since apples are in season, I did apples. Super yummy. Serves about 6-8.

3 comments:

  1. We had this for breakfast today! I used cashews, and it was really good. It was not as thick as I thought it would be, but I guess I could make it thicker by doing less water if I wanted. We liked it how it was anyway. It was great with some of our raw granola.
    I thought we'd have enough left for breakfast tomorrow, but my brother came to visit and he had a bunch, so there's just a bit left. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me again. I just thought I'd share that I used this as a pancake "syrup" today and quite enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...